UPDATED: Two appeals you can try – all affected tenants please read

Hands Off Our Homes - Leeds

There are now TWO big ways to challenge a bedroom tax decision:

1) If you’ve been in housing benefit and the same property since 1996
2) If you’ve been using your ‘spare’ bedroom(s) for other purposes

Please make sure you read through both of these. Template letters to appeal are at the bottom of the page. If you want a printed version, need any help, or want to share your story get in touch: handsoffourhomes@gmail.com, 07504017322).

1. The 1996 ‘loophole’

– Have you been living at your present address since 1st January 1996 or before?
– Have you been claiming Housing Benefit continuously from this address throughout that time?
Or have you claimed Housing Benefit continuously from an address where you inherited the tenancy from a parent or partner who had themselves claimed continuously from 1st January 1996 until their death?

If so, you may be eligible…

View original post 591 more words

Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: